International

International
Kindred Spirits

Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Voice of a Friend

If you thought I was surprised at the email message I received, you should have heard the cry of delight when my American cell started playing the theme song from "Friends" just minutes ago.  Most often it is a solicitor call and I press "Reject", but not this time.  On glancing at the display screen I read, "Diane's Cell".  I eagerly answered it, and sure enough, I heard the voice of my friend.

We only spoke for minutes, but it was so wonderful to hear her voice.  She had quite the evening last night.  Apparently, if I understood correctly, the pain port disconnected in some way causing a leak.  She had to return to the hospital around 8:30pm.  The problem was fixed and she was back home, but she didn't sleep well last night.  Praying she will get the rest she needs tonight.

As I pause and think of the happiness the few minutes on the phone brought me, I think of the voice of another Friend that stirs my heart and blesses me.  A Friend who tells me I am dearly loved and chosen.  A Friend who invites me to rest in Him.  A Friend who never leaves me or forsakes me.  A Friend who speaks and even the wind and waves obey Him.

Thanking the Lord for voices that deliver good news of great joy with messages of healing and hope.

Standing the gap for "Hope", Diane,
"Faith", Joy

No comments: