International

International
Kindred Spirits

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Round 4 Chemo Is Done! ! !

Praising Jesus for His mercies and love shone on Joy though out the day.Now home, safely tucked in, with her jammies on ,where she can finally rest. Continue to pray over the next 3-5 days as the chemo works through her body. Praying for her to feel as well as possible by Sunday the 14th, her birthday. (wink, wink)

Japhia made 3 chemo caps and finished a pray shawl today. I am touched by the ministry God is doing through her hands and heart. It shows me how we can be a testimony where ever we are in life. Thank you Japhia for your willingness to minister to others.

Now that 4 treatments are behind and only 2 more to go, it is easier to see the end of treatment. Joy and I have been talking about what 5 and 6 would look like. How 5 would be a bit easier knowing there was but 1 remaining. Then 6 is the end and what a day of celebration that will be!!!

Thank you for praying and sending Joy such encouragement today. There is no doubt the Jesus heard the name "Joy Brown" many times over today. It was wonderful to visit with her tonight via Skype. I just wanted to reach through the computer and hug her neck, but He knows this as well.

Blessed to be standing in the gap with "Faith." Joy
Diane "Hope"

4 comments:

Catherine said...

4 down Joybells!! Hannah and I prayed for you as we drove by your street this morning then again tonight during our bedtime prayers. When you're up to it Hannah's ready for another McDonald's or Marble Slab trip with Auntie Joy!

We love you! Continuing to pray...

Leah Adams said...

You girls are so awesome! I love your friendship and love for each other. Joy, you hang on, sweetheart. Allow all of us to stand in the gap for you when you cannot pray. Blessings to you al.

Anonymous said...

Diane, I love getting these posts in my e-mail box as I'm not a good old "blogger" or "Facebook" girl, but when "Hope and Faith" hits the "Inbox" it's always encouraging!! Thought I'd take a second to say "Thanks"!

Just gotta say, Joy is the most amazing person I know - And I've NEVER known a minute of life without her!! (Sorry, just have to brag for a second!) She has always been incredible in a million ways - now it's a million and one!!!! I look around the chemo room and see people who look weary, worn out, discouraged, and struggling on so many levels - and there sits Joy! Perky, Adorable, Glowing!!! Jesus in Joy is definitely present in that room every time!! It's the difference of night and day!! And it's my privilege to tag along!! I already have #5 and #6 marked on my calendar and let's just say there will be some BELL ringing going on!!!!! Continuing to pray for God's Birthday Gift on Sunday!!!!

Allow me to personalize a couple of verses in my reading this morning as I studied .... Romans 4:18-24 (NLT):
"Even when there was no reason for HOPE, Joy kept HOPING -believing .... And Joy's FAITH did not weaken, even though .... her body was as good as dead .... Joy never wavered in believing God's promise. In fact, her FAITH grew stronger, and in this she brought glory to God. She was fully convinced that God IS able to do whatever He promises. And because of Joy's FAITH, God counted her as righteous. And when God counted her as righteous, it wasn't just for Joy's benefit. It was recorded for our benefit too, assuring us that God will also count us as righteous if we believe in Him, the One who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead."

God's got a miracle going on here!! And I have a front row ticket!!!! God is the Director, Prayer is the script, - we are the supporting cast! Joy is the main character, but GOD IS THE STAR, shining through Joy Brilliantly!!!!! Thank you all for praying for my sister!!!!! My heart overflows to God! She has some amazing friends!!!! - and they're my family too!!!!!

Love to all, with a heart full of praise!!! Japhia (Joy's "baby" sister!) LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Joy---popped on over form Waling with Women in the Word site today....)thanks for the link Lori)

I wish you well my friend. We miss your posts. Wendy is awesome as ever---her eyes twinkle when she speaks of our Lord. I love that!!!

Know that we are thinking of you and praying for you today.

MaryMomMN