International

International
Kindred Spirits

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Two Are Better Than One

“Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up…”  Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

The comfort of companions.  Sharing life with one another brings relief from times of loneliness and isolation.  A friend offers assistance and comfort in times of need.

Diane and I are both so thankful for the friendship, love and prayers you have extended to us, especially over the past five months.  We have been on a roller coaster of emotion, yet we have held unwaveringly to the Hand of the Lord and He has brought us through each ebb and flow. 

We were just remarking to one another recently how the Lord has alternated our needs, making it possible for us to support one another through each difficult trial.  Now as I begin to regain strength, Diane is facing surgery. 

On Friday, October 14th, as an outpatient she will have surgery on her left hand to repair two torn ligaments, two torn tendons, correct carpal tunnel syndrome, eliminate a cluster of ganglion cysts and remove a section of nerve in her forearm.  This surgery is similar to operations performed previously on her right hand, so she is very familiar with the procedure, the pain and the recovery. 

Friends would you join me in praying for “Hope”.  She has stood faithfully beside me, daily connecting and encouraging my heart as I walked through my wilderness.  Now she is facing an unsettled frontier and needs the assurance of friends coming alongside her on this journey.

Together will you pray with me that the surgery be successful, with no complications and that the recovery will be swift and pain free.  With her right hand already fused and the left now going to be cast, daily tasks will become difficult.  Living alone, regular, routine activities will present a challenge.  Meal preparation.  Walking the dog.  Housekeeping.  Personal care. 

Diane is so thankful for those who have already offered their presence and help during the first crucial few days, and I am so grateful for the kindness extended to my best friend.  Distance is difficult at times.  I am hoping and praying that the Lord will strengthen my immune system enabling me to visit her at the end of the month.  Although she suggested I request prayer for the Lord to comfort me at this time, I surrender my needs for the sake of my friend. 
  
As her mind recalls previous surgeries and the memories they uncover, please join me in praying that the Lord will bring every thought captive under His control.  This is a new day.  God is saying, “See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”  Isaiah 43:19

We know that God is in control.  He will bring about His healing in His time.  There will be a way in the wilderness.  New flowers are going to bloom.  Flowers of trust and acceptance.  Flowers of peace and grace.  Flowers or Hope and Faith.

Yes, two are better than one and a cord of three strands is not easily broken.  The Lord binds our hearts together in love even when miles separate.

Standing in the gap for “Hope” Diane,
“Faith”, Joy

3 comments:

Japhia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Japhia said...

Just wanting to send my love and prayers Diane, and please know that I will be kneeling in the presence of our Father for you on Friday, knowing that He can do "exceedingly above" all that you can ask or imagine! (Eph. 3:20). I know that you have "met" with me in prayer before our Father as we have upheld Joy together, and now I humbly count it a privilege to stand along side Joy for you, her dearest friend. Trusting God to be all you need, as He promises, and praying that you will recognize His promises faithful and true! Will await to hear through Joy God's provision for you!!! You can always try a "zot" to boost your system! (Please accompany puckered up face here!!!) Smile! Love you, Japhia

Lori Prince said...

Dear Father,

Surround Diane this morning as she comes out of surgery. Allow her to know that your mighty work is being completed through her. Your plan is in place, a plan that meets your perfect approval. We trust you to take good care of her every need. May your will be done through her. May your glory be seen to those of us that even remain across the nation. May we be awed by what you are doing in her. Our tongues are full of praise, thanks, and honor, to be lifted to You alone: creator of Diane and originator of this plan being lived out. Amen.